Terms & Conditions
- The information provided on this website has been compiled for your convenience. GMI Homes pty ltd makes no warranties about the accuracy or completeness of any of the information displayed on this web site.
- While GMI accepts its legal obligations, be aware however that to the extent permitted by law, GMI, including its directors, affiliates, employees, agents, contractors, successors and assignees, will not accept any liability for any loss, damage or any other injury resulting from the use of this web site.
- The limitation on liability contained in paragraph 2 applies to direct, indirect, consequential, special, punitive or other damages that you or others may suffer, as well as damages for loss of profit, business interruption or the loss of data or information.
- Links to other websites are provided for your convenience and GMI is not responsible for the information contained in those web sites. The provision of a link to another web site does not constitute an endorsement or approval of that web site, or any products or services offered on that web site, by GMI. GMI will not accept any liability for the use of those links to connect to web sites that are not under our control.
- Nothing in this web site constitutes or is intended to constitute an offer of, or an invitation to purchase or subscribe for, securities.
- GMI does not accept any liability for any investment decisions made on the basis of this information. This web site does not constitute financial advice and should not be taken as such. GMI urges you to obtain professional advice before proceeding with any investment.
- GMI grants you a limited licence to download this web site for personal use only. Unless otherwise indicated, copyright in this website and the information contained in it including any designs, text, graphics, content, tables and images belong to GMI Homes Pty Ltd. All rights reserved. You are not permitted to reproduce or alter this web site, or any copy of it, for any other purpose without the prior express written consent of GMI.
- GMI reserves the right to make changes, modifications, additions, deletions and corrections to the web site, at any time and without notice.
Through your use of our website, social media websites and pages and other communications with us, we may collect personal information about you.
We like to keep your personal information safe and want to explain to you how we collect, hold, use or disclose it and how you can access and correct your personal information and what to do if you have a complaint.
Collection of personal information
- What kinds of personal information do we collect and hold?
The kinds of personal information that we collect and hold includes names, contact details, employment history, educational qualifications, government related identifiers, such as, tax file numbers and driver licence information, complaint details and other information that is relevant to our functions and activities.
We may also collect sensitive information, such as, membership of a trade union or professional association, health information and insurance policy information in respect of contractors and prospective employees.
- How do we collect personal information?
We usually collect personal information directly from individuals.
In some instances, we may collect personal information about individuals from third parties, such as recruitment agencies or third party medical service providers which provide medical reports and services to us or where we obtain such information from other, publicly available resources, such as Government websites to check ABNs or other information.
We may collect personal information from third parties, such as wholesale and retail suppliers of home building, renovating and design related products, where individuals have made inquiries about our products to such third parties.
We may collect your personal information when you communicate with us, such as when you:
(a) make inquiries about us, our products and services or contact us for any other reason so that we can process, deal with and respond to your queries or other issues including any complaints; or
(b) contact, register with, post to, like or follow any of our social media websites, pages, forums or blogs; or
(c) use our website; or
(d) register a product you have purchased or subscribe to any of our services; or
(e) register for and attend at events; or
(f) make applications for prospective employment and contracting opportunities with us; or
(g) subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or survey, enter or participate in any competitions or promotions.
Any area where personal information is collected on our website or our social media pages will state to the user that personal information is being collected.
- What happens if you do not provide your personal information to us?
If you do not provide personal information that we request in connection with our activities, we may not be able to provide our products or services to you.
- Why do we collect, use, hold and disclose your personal information?
We collect, use, hold and disclose your personal information as necessary for purposes directly related to our functions and activities, including:
- names and contact details, to provide our products and services to our customers and information and all services relating to our products and services;
- names and contact details, to record information regarding products purchased from us and to provide further services to you, such as repair or replacement of products;
- names, contact details, transaction and experience information such as information on your purchase transactions and our communications with you, for direct marketing including promotions, newsletters and competitions and to carry out analysis of market activity;
- names, contact details and builders licence numbers to assist customers in claiming continuing professional development points from attending our relevant events;
- names and contact details, to supply product warranties and guarantees and all related services; and
- names, contact details, educational information, membership of trade and professional associations, sensitive information and government related identifiers, for contracting with individuals and assessing individuals for current or future employment opportunities.
We track traffic patterns throughout the URL (website) registered to us.
We use “cookies” on our website. A “cookie” is a small amount of information which is transferred to the hard drive of your computer and which can identify your web browser, but not you. If you want, you can disable your web browser from accepting cookies. If you do so, you can still access our website, but not all services may be available.
We may automatically collect general statistical information on our website about visitors to our website, such as IP addresses, browsers used, dates visited, pages visited and number of visitors. However, such information does not refer to individuals by name or their contact details.
We use this data in aggregate to improve our website. We may provide such aggregated data to third parties, but in so doing, we do not provide personal information without the individual’s consent.
Will we disclose personal information to anyone else?
We may disclose personal information to:
- our related companies;
- third party contractors and providers of goods and services, such as courier and delivery companies, marketing and promotion companies, training and training certification agencies and business support services like document storage, printing and collating for us;
- market research companies who undertake customer surveys for us;
- insurance companies; and
- professional service firms providing services to us, such as legal or accountancy services.
We may also provide your information to others, if required or permitted to do so by law, in accordance with the APPs.
We will only disclose your personal information:
- with your consent; or
- for a purpose which you would reasonably expect; or
- as required or permitted by law; or
Unsubscribing from our marketing materials
- Unsubscribing from email lists
Every time we send emails for marketing or promotional purposes, our emails will contain instructions on how you may unsubscribe from the relevant email list in respect of direct marketing.
- Unsubscribing from social media pages
Our social media pages provide instructions as to how you can unsubscribe from the relevant social media website or page.
- Unsubscribing from hard copy promotional materials
When we send you hard copy promotional materials, such materials will include instructions on how you may unsubscribe from receiving such materials.
Dealing with us anonymously or using a pseudonym
You may deal with us on an anonymous basis or by using a pseudonym when making inquiries through our website or social media pages, or when you make general inquiries by telephone and do not require a further response from us. However, we may need certain contact details from you to respond to inquiries.
Generally, we will require your personal information in order to transact with you.
Access, Correction and Removal of your Personal Information
You may seek to access or correct your personal information at any time by contacting the Privacy Officer by email at email@example.com or by mail to the ‘Privacy Officer
If we do not agree to provide you with access to your personal information or to amend or annotate the information we hold about you, you may seek a review of our decision.
If we do not agree to make the requested changes to your personal information, you may make a statement about the requested changes and we will attach it to your record.
You can send written complaints about a breach of the APPs in relation to your personal information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to ‘Privacy Officer’
Complaints will be reviewed by our Privacy Officer and a response will usually be provided within 30 days of receipt of the complaint.
For more information about making a complaint, contact us at email@example.com
*As amended 12 March 2014