Frequently Asked Questions
We hope we answer all your questions, if not please submit your question so that we can add to our list!
- Concrete Slab or Footing Engineering up to ‘M’ Class Soil
- Structurally Engineered Floor System ( if required )
- Building Engineering to C2 W50
- Building designed to Region A, B or C, Terrain Cat 2, Importance Level 2.
- Energy Efficiency Certification
- Job Specific Wall Panel Drawings & Manual
- Job Specific Floor System Drawings & Manual ( if required )
Anything outside of the above specifications will be P.O.A. N.B – Time schedules will change due to engineering changes required.
Walls & Floor System Engineering
- Panel Construction is made easy with individual drawings for each wall. The MgO Panel-Lock system is an adults lego set.
External & Internal Walls
- 100mm MgO Panel-Lock Wall System, cut ready to erect.
- External & Internal Sheet – Magnesium Oxide Board
- Includes Top and Bottom Plate
- 2400mm – 2700mm – 3000mm wall height
Structural Floor System (If Required)
GMI Homes developed its own Structural Floor system to provide a premium product that is easy to use & sustainable. Our preferred method of floor construction is using our MgO Panel Floor . Beams, Joists, Bearers & Posts are cut in factory to save time on site and in most cases no cutting or drilling is required on site.
- Joists at 480mm centres and posts maximum 500mm – 900mm in ground
- Quality Structural CD ply or GMI Panel Flooring
- Panel Flooring if requested – Joists will be at 1000mm centre.
- Adjustable stump tops and extra length posts will be a variation to standard costs.
- Galvanised or ZAM available
- Floor System Manual
Roof Design – Panel Roof (Veranda only if required)
- 75mm and 100mm EPS Panel System
- Fascia, gutter and flashings
Roofing – Truss Roof design only
- Trusses , Roof and Ceiling Battens – Timber or Steel available including Tie Down Connections
- Premium Glare Shield Insulation’s or ceiling batts depending on energy efficiency.
Roof Design – Roof, Gutter, Barges & Fascia
- Colorbond roof, fascia, barges and gutter available in all standard Colorbond colours
Ceilings & Soffits – Pre Finished
- Pre-painted PVC Ceiling Panel
- Gyprock (Optional)
- Fibre Cement Sheeting (Optional)
Note: Low maintenance impregnated plastic, no painting required
- 2400mm – 2700mm – 3000mm
- 90mm Ezy Cor lightweight colonial style (unpainted) or Gyprock
- Timber (unpainted)
GMI Patented Cyclonic Windows or Conventional Windows
- Aluminium windows and sliding doors including jambs and architraves.
- Available in Satin White, Night Sky, Evening Haze and Dune.
- Other colours available but will be a variation to standard costs – Time schedules will need to be checked with supplier prior to ordering
- Grey Float Glass throughout. Obscured Toughened to bathroom areas.
- Standard vinyl fly mesh screens to windows. (Barrier Screens or Midge Mesh will be a variation to standard costs.)
- Form 16
Entrance Doors – Optional
- Wood plastic composite Door in Powder coated aluminium Frame (2 Pac White Only )
- Aluminium Sill to front door
- Standard vinyl fly mesh screens, Barrier Screens or Midge Mesh to doors will be a variation to standard costs.
Internal Doors – Optional
- 2 pak White or vinyl wrap doors in Powdercoated aluminium frame.
- Satin Chrome Knob or Lever type – Privacy and Passage internal and Entrance external.
Wardrobes & Door Openings – Powder coated Aluminium or Timber
- Wardrobe channel with architraves around 3 sides.
- Excludes doors and shelving
- Up to 1000mm wide – Wider stairs available but will be a variation to standard costs
- Hardwood Timber treads
- Steel stringers
- 90 x 19 Dressed Merbau
Steel Beams & Posts (where applicable)
- Beams – 150 x 50maximum
- Posts – 75 x 75 x 4mm maximum
- Beams and Posts over these sizes will be a variation to standard costs
- Beams spans over 4500mm will be a variation to standard cost and engineering
Miscellaneous fixings etc.
- Touch Up Paint
GMI Homes licenses out the ability to use its building system to special individuals & business owners who meet our requirements & business principles. If your a builder or developer we would love to work with you and your projects.
If you are organised with your trades the build times are extremely faster then Brick, Timber or steel framed homes.