Frequently Asked Questions
We hope we answer all your questions, if not please submit your question so that we can add to our list!
- Concrete Slab or Footing Engineering up to ‘M’ Class Soil
- Structurally Engineered Floor System ( if required )
- Building Engineering to C2 W50
- Building designed to Region A, B or C, Terrain Cat 2, Importance Level 2.
- Energy Efficiency Certification
- Job Specific Wall Panel Drawings & Manual
- Job Specific Floor System Drawings & Manual ( if required )
Anything outside of the above specifications will be P.O.A. N.B – Time schedules will change due to engineering changes required.
Walls & Floor System Engineering
- Panel Construction is made easy with individual drawings for each wall. The MgO Panel-Lock system is an adults lego set.
External & Internal Walls
- 100mm MgO Panel-Lock Wall System, cut ready to erect.
- External & Internal Sheet – Magnesium Oxide Board
- Includes Top and Bottom Plate
- 2400mm – 2700mm – 3000mm wall height
Structural Floor System (If Required)
GMI Homes developed its own Structural Floor system to provide a premium product that is easy to use & sustainable. Our preferred method of floor construction is using our MgO Panel Floor . Beams, Joists, Bearers & Posts are cut in factory to save time on site and in most cases no cutting or drilling is required on site.
- Joists at 480mm centres and posts maximum 500mm – 900mm in ground
- Quality Structural CD ply or GMI Panel Flooring
- Panel Flooring if requested – Joists will be at 1000mm centre.
- Adjustable stump tops and extra length posts will be a variation to standard costs.
- Galvanised or ZAM available
- Floor System Manual
Roof Design – Panel Roof (Veranda only if required)
- 75mm and 100mm EPS Panel System
- Fascia, gutter and flashings
Roofing – Truss Roof design only
- Trusses , Roof and Ceiling Battens – Timber or Steel available including Tie Down Connections
- Premium Glare Shield Insulation’s or ceiling batts depending on energy efficiency.
Roof Design – Roof, Gutter, Barges & Fascia
- Colorbond roof, fascia, barges and gutter available in all standard Colorbond colours
Ceilings & Soffits – Pre Finished
- Pre-painted PVC Ceiling Panel
- Gyprock (Optional)
- Fibre Cement Sheeting (Optional)
Note: Low maintenance impregnated plastic, no painting required
- 2400mm – 2700mm – 3000mm
- 90mm Ezy Cor lightweight colonial style (unpainted) or Gyprock
- Timber (unpainted)
GMI Patented Cyclonic Windows or Conventional Windows
- Aluminium windows and sliding doors including jambs and architraves.
- Available in Satin White, Night Sky, Evening Haze and Dune.
- Other colours available but will be a variation to standard costs – Time schedules will need to be checked with supplier prior to ordering
- Grey Float Glass throughout. Obscured Toughened to bathroom areas.
- Standard vinyl fly mesh screens to windows. (Barrier Screens or Midge Mesh will be a variation to standard costs.)
- Form 16
Entrance Doors – Optional
- Wood plastic composite Door in Powder coated aluminium Frame (2 Pac White Only )
- Aluminium Sill to front door
- Standard vinyl fly mesh screens, Barrier Screens or Midge Mesh to doors will be a variation to standard costs.
Internal Doors – Optional
- 2 pak White or vinyl wrap doors in Powdercoated aluminium frame.
- Satin Chrome Knob or Lever type – Privacy and Passage internal and Entrance external.
Wardrobes & Door Openings – Powder coated Aluminium or Timber
- Wardrobe channel with architraves around 3 sides.
- Excludes doors and shelving
- Up to 1000mm wide – Wider stairs available but will be a variation to standard costs
- Hardwood Timber treads
- Steel stringers
- 90 x 19 Dressed Merbau
Steel Beams & Posts (where applicable)
- Beams – 150 x 50maximum
- Posts – 75 x 75 x 4mm maximum
- Beams and Posts over these sizes will be a variation to standard costs
- Beams spans over 4500mm will be a variation to standard cost and engineering
Miscellaneous fixings etc.
- Touch Up Paint
GMI Homes licenses out the ability to use its building system to special individuals & business owners who meet our requirements & business principles. If your a builder or developer we would love to work with you and your projects.